Department of Utilities Guide for Real Estate Professionals
Whether you are representing the buyer, seller or the owner as the property management company, please use this guide as a resource.
How to Reach the Department of Utilities?
- The Department of Public Utilities (DPU) recognizes the value of your time. They have dedicated specialized representatives and an email address to ensure efficient services to assist you. To take advantage of the skilled experts, please email the Department of Public Utilities at firstname.lastname@example.org with your requests for service. A representative monitors this account during regular business hours of operations; Monday through Friday between 7 am and 6 pm and will reply to your email as soon as possible.
Important things to Remember
- DPU contracts for service and creates an account in the name of the deed-holder of record as recorded with the Lucas County Auditor’s office.
- With a signed Agent Authority form on file, the seller’s agent can act on behalf of the owner to update mailing information, schedule turn-on/turn-off of service and obtain balance information.
- With a signed Agent Authority form on file, the buyer’s agent can act on behalf of the new owner to contract for service.
- Upon request of Real Estate professional, if a pro-rated billing for the owner is needed due to the the owner relocated, DPU may provide a verbal simulation of charges with customer-provided reading.
- DPU bills City of Toledo residential customers for refuse collection services. The containers should remain at the property. If containers are not at the property at the time of purchase, please contact Republic Services at 419-936-2511
Department of Public Utilities – 420 Madison Avenue, Toledo, OH 43604 (419) 245-1800