Committee involvement is a chance to make a real impact in what happens at the NOR. By volunteering to serve on one of the following Action Teams/Committees you will help direct the future of the NOR and have a real voice in its activities and the services provided to its members. Take a moment to look over the list and let us know what teams you are interested in by Filling out the form below. Committee chairs will meet in January and someone will contact you shortly after that.
- This team will reach out to area individuals and businesses who are not currently an Affiliate Member and encourage them to join NOR. They will also develop ways to utilize and show our appreciation of our Affiliate Members.
Community Service Committee
- Determine recipients of quarterly collection drives
- Promote quarterly collection drives in brokerages
- Recruit volunteers for Habitat for Humanity Playhouse Build
- Recruit members for other volunteer opportunities
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee
- Provide opportunities for members to learn about diversity, fair housing, and cultural sensitivity
- Promote participation among diverse members at all levels of association involvement.
- Work with local organizations to promote home ownership to minority populations
Be a part of cultural conversations in northwest Ohio related to diversity through education, exposure and strategic partnerships.
- Review Ethics and Arbitration complaints and determine if the complaint should be heard by a panel of Professional Standards Committee Members.
- Review Investment Policies and make recommendations for the Board’s approval
- Recommend guidelines and goals for the investment of the Association’s surplus funds to the Board of Directors.
- Oversee investment performance
Legislative Committee – Committee members must be RPAC investors and are encouraged to be Major Investors
- Promote the REALTOR® position on public policy issues
- Monitor local legislation relating to private property rights
- Establish relationships and maintain contact with local and state elected officials to assist the Association in the support or opposition of legislation on behalf of REALTORS® and private property owners
- Discuss legislation that is being considered at the local level
- Encourage REALTORS® to take an active role in the political process
- Interview elected officials and determine allocation of RPAC funds
Young Professionals Network – Committee members must be 40 or under.
- Monitor NAR’s YPN work to ensure alignment with NOR’s YPN goals and activities.
- Recruit members to participate in YPN.
- Recruit YPN members to attend the Ohio Realtors Convention and the National Association of REALTORS Convention and Expo.
- Encourage YPN members to pursue leadership roles in the Association.
- Recruit YPN members to attend Association events.
- Conduct each of the following activities at least once throughout the year:
- Provide YPN members an opportunity to learn more about NORPAC and encourage investment.
- Inform YPN members about industry news and trends and take an active role in real estate policy discussion and advocacy.
- Provide opportunities for YPN Members to network via events, social media and mentoring.
- Provide opportunities for YPN members to demonstrate and increase their level of professionalism.
- Provide opportunities for YPN members to volunteer in the community.